Friday, July 5, 2013

The week has been....

okay so far.  I am planning to drop in to the docs office in the morning to weigh and see if I've lost some weight.  I've eaten well this week overall.  Didn't stick totally to plan for the 4th, but only ate about twice all day.  Tried to drink lots of water, did have one beer last night.

Today, I had some sugar for the first time all week, a few Milk Duds at the movie, they were okay. Luckily didn't trigger a headache or any undue hunger.  Had a cup of vegetable soup and a thai chicken salad for lunch at Panera and water to drink today.  Breakfast was egg/egg whites and veggies.  Not sure what dinner will be, but definitely some protein and a lot of veggies.

I'm feeling okay, just trying to keep my focus on eating the plan I have and reminding myself that by eating this, it will help me drop weight which will in turn help my knee.

I haven't actually craved any sugar this week and until today, didn't have any sugar deliberately, other than what was in the fruit I ate during the week.  I haven't had any diet soda or Crystal Light this week (and my knee is feeling slightly better, can't help but wonder if there really is truth to artificial sweeteners also being a culprit for inflammation), just water and some coffee.

I am REALLY enjoying the plain greek yogurt (up to this week, I'd been eating that greek w/fruit).  The plain, is tart, but rich and I love it with frozen blueberries.  I've managed to develop a taste for the Stevia, so now it tastes sweeter than in the beginning, and it sure doesn't take much to sweeten.

Traveling this Sunday and Monday, planning ahead with lots of chopped fruits and veggies for in the car.  I will also try to just have salads with chicken while on the road when we actually stop for meals.  Hope it goes well.  And we'll have plenty of water on hand too!

Plowing ahead.
C.


No comments:

Post a Comment